OK, I’m exaggerating a little, but lately I’ve been looking for “bitcoin” domains to hand register, and I must say a lot of them have been registered already. I was able to grab a few “bitcoin” domains that I felt were decent enough to register, but not many.
If you don’t believe me, use a domain suggestion tool or brainstorm on your own, and see how many of them are available. Now, I’m talking about “bitcoin” domains in the .COM extension that make sense. I’m not talking about some off-the-wall combinations like BitcoinHorse.com or BitcoinFunny.com, or a crappy extension like .BIZ.
What Does This Say about Bitcoin Domains?
Well, it’s pretty obvious. They’re hot right now and investors are registering tons of them. With the value of Bitcoin starting to go back up, and the reported sale of BitcoinWallet.com for $250,000, this domain niche has been skyrocketing.
Reasons Why Bitcoin Domains Will Continue to Go Up in Value:
- As supply of these “bitcoin” domains become more scarce, we can expect these domain prices to go up.
- “Bitcoin” domains are actually being used to develop useful sites. They’re not all being hoarded by domain investors.
- Bitcoin is making the news, and more people are becoming aware of it.
- More merchants are starting to accept Bitcoins as a form of payment.
- With a solid Bitcoin market, more people will gain confidence in it.
Get in while the water’s still warm!