An escrow service is often used in sales transactions of high-valued domain names. It serves to protect both the buyer and seller from fraud. The escrow company is the middleman that securely facilitates the transfer of a domain name from the seller to the buyer, while ensuring the funds are properly disbursed to the seller.
How a Domain Escrow Transaction Works:
- Buyer and seller agree to the terms of the deal.
- Buyer deposits money into the escrow account. Escrow company confirms.
- Seller transfers the domain to the buyer’s registrar account.
- Buyer confirms the domain transfer to escrow.
- Escrow releases the funds into the seller’s bank account, minus the fees.
Domain Escrow Services:
[table id=4 /]